Three of our supported shelters urgently need therapy rooms to aid survivors.
This International Women’s Day, we need YOU to help us make those rooms a reality.
WHAT WE WANT TO DO
This International Women’s Day, we want to gift something beautiful, comforting, and long-term to the brave survivors of ‘domestic’ abuse being cared for by the NIA Project and Reigate and Banstead Women’s Aid (RBWA).
And what could be more beautiful than gifting them the tools, resources and funds needed to renovate and equip currently derelict / unused rooms and transform them into wonderful counselling and mediation rooms?
Three shelters, three rooms.
Each with great potential to be used to gift survivors a calm space in which to begin counselling, therapy and meditation sessions.
WHAT WE NEED
The wonderful teams from our supported shelters, have submitted their ‘dream’ wishlists. These include:
– x13 Yoga Mats (£12.99 each)
– x3 Sensory/mood lamps (£19.99 each)
– x4 Chairs (approx. £129.00 each)
– x2 bean bag chairs (£27.99 each)
– x3 Hot drinks machine (£59.99 each)
– Renovation works (to extract an old sink and repaint walls est. £2,000)
– x6 Storage units (approx. £65 each)
– x2 Laptops (approx. £299 each for counsellors)
– Board & Confidence-Building Games (between £10.99 – £13.99 each)
– Arts & Crafts goods (£100)
For the next few weeks, we will be seeking to raise the funds we need in full to begin works immediately.
Every penny and pound receieved will go straight towards creating just the kind of space survivors of domestic violence will hopefully find the peace and sanctuary they need to face their traumas, and begin to heal.
So come join us in this goal, and let’s make International Women’s Day 2021 one which our supported shelters will remember with joy, for many years to come…