Making Herstory believes the key to ENDING violence against women and girls
is working to PREVENT it from occurring in the first place.
And to do that, boys and girls from primary school age right through to men and women at all levels of our communities and agencies need to:
- UNDERSTAND the core principles of our human rights;
- BE MADE AWARE of the root causes of gender-based violence; and
- BE GIVEN THE KNOWLEDGE THEY NEED to help tackle, confront and put an end to all forms of abuse perpetrated against women and girls wherever possible.
To fulfil this goal, Making Herstory personnel undertake:
- Presentation and speaking engagements at schools (primary and secondary), colleges and universities;
- Training of local authorities and core anti-Domestic Violence agencies in how racism and sexism can impact services and those that approach them for help; and
- Joint ventures with theatrical companies to highlight the impact of domestic violence upon children and families to wider audiences including primary schools, corporate organisations, charity bodies and core agencies.